If you own a rental property, you should understand how crucial marketing is to attracting the ideal tenants. You are missing out on a tremendous opportunity if you haven’t tried to utilize virtual tours! Giving prospective tenants the option to view your rental homes virtually can be a great way to show them what to expect before they ever set foot on the property. In the following paragraphs, we will discuss the advantages of virtual visits for the marketing of rental properties and the reasons why all rental property owners should implement them.
Virtual Tour Basics
A virtual tour, which allows prospective tenants to virtually navigate a rental property, is a computer-generated simulation of the space. Unlike photos, which show the property from a restricted angle, virtual tours offer an in-depth, immersive look at every area. Moreover, virtual tours provide potential tenants with the ability to assess the proportions of specific rooms and areas within the residence, as well as envision how their furnishings would be arranged within the area.
Virtual tours of rental properties are preferred by many tenants, according to recent research. More than 70% of renters, according to data compiled by Zumper, were prepared to rent an apartment without physically inspecting it, on the condition that a 3D virtual tour could be utilized to do so.
Types of Virtual Tours
Prospective tenants may examine your rental homes from anywhere without physically being there thanks to virtual tours, which offer an immersive experience. Before visiting the property, they will be able to comprehend the area and ascertain whether or not it meets their requirements. There are three primary varieties of virtual tours available for selection: virtual reality tours, 360-degree virtual tours, and 3D virtual tours.
1. 360-degree Virtual Tour: The process of constructing 360-degree virtual excursions involves the integration of multiple photographs to form a unified panoramic image. With the ability to drag and drop, these tours give prospective tenants a comprehensive overview of a room in a single image. 360-degree virtual tours are a great choice for rental property owners who are new to using virtual tours because of how simple and affordable they are to create.
2. 3D Virtual Tour: For prospective tenants that want to navigate the property as if they were there in person, a three-dimensional (or “true”) virtual tour offers a more immersive experience than a 360-degree virtual tour. These tours are made by taking a lot of pictures of a rental home and then putting them together with specialist software. High-end rental properties usually use three-dimensional virtual tours because they take a lot of time and effort to get good results.
3. Virtual Reality Tour: The newest and most interesting method of viewing properties is through virtual reality (VR) tours. Prospective tenants can examine every corner of the home and stroll around as if they were physically present by donning a VR headset. Virtual reality tours were previously uncommon, but as VR technology becomes more widely available, they are showing up more frequently.
The Benefits of Using Virtual Tours
Let’s examine some advantages of utilizing virtual tours for your rental property marketing now that we’ve covered the fundamentals of them.
• Convenience. Virtual tours are extremely convenient, which is their main advantage. Visitors to your rental properties can take tours without having to interrupt their workdays or leave their homes. Renters from out-of-state or abroad who need assistance setting up a time to visit and physically see the home will particularly benefit from this.
• 24/7 Availability. Virtual tours are accessible around the clock, every day of the week. As a result, prospective tenants won’t have to accommodate your availability to view your rental homes on their own time.
• Increased Online Engagement. It has been demonstrated that virtual tours also enhance engagement. Virtual excursions can increase the SEO or digital visibility of your rental property on search engines. Including a virtual tour in your property listing is an excellent way to increase your search engine ranking and provide Google with fresh content.
How to Optimize Your Virtual Tours
Given the aforementioned advantages of virtual tours, the following suggestions shall assist you in optimizing their utilization:
• Quality Matters. Quality is everything when it comes to virtual tours; use high-quality images and videos, and limit the use of low-resolution or blurry photographs. In order to enhance the comprehension of prospective tenants regarding your rental properties, employ high-quality virtual tour materials.
• Include a Call to Action. Towards the conclusion of your virtual tour, include a call to action (CTA). A call to action (CTA) is a phrase or button that nudges prospective tenants to do the next action, such calling you for a showing or asking for further details. Potential tenants are encouraged to take action and move closer to becoming actual tenants when a CTA is included.
It’s a fantastic idea to give prospective tenants a sense for your rental homes virtually, and virtual tours make that easy. It is ideal to begin employing virtual tours in your rental property marketing right now if you haven’t already. Contact your local Real Property Management office today to learn more about incorporating virtual tours into your rental property marketing.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.